The Beautiful Wave Maker Campaign and Education Out-Reach
The campaign aim is to bring awareness to each individual concerning their impact as wave makers and encourage them to make the decision to live in a way that makes beautiful, not toxic waves. The message is straightforward:-
The ocean creates our physical atmosphere, sustaining all life on Earth. The products that we buy, and activities we engage in, have a footprint and create and the quality of our ocean waves. The question that we must ask and answer is, “What kind of wave are we making?”
The campaign is being designed to appeal to and reach through to both children and adults. The major emphasis, however in Stage 1, is for children, which will be achieved through collaboration with schools in as many nations as possible.
Ocean Story is currently working with three International schools networks to develop creative and interactive education modules for different age groups.
Schools are coming forward from both the public and private sector and also from charity run schools in developing nations. To date interest has been expressed by teachers in schools from the UK, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa, both primary and secondary and in both the arts and sciences.
The Beautiful Wave Maker education modules will hold generic information that is appropriate to all nations and environments, and this will then be supplemented with local modules, specific to a nation or region.
The adult level of the Beautiful Wave Maker Campaign will initially take the form of an online Guide filled with actions and steps that can be taken to live in a way more supportive of the oceans. The Guide will be made from contributions of many individuals and organisations.
- The creation of ocean conservation education modules to be delivered through schools, online for home-schooling and via education packs for remote areas and developing nations that do not have good internet facilities. Modules will be created for differing age groups and will be created with education professionals and teachers from around the world and then translated into as many languages as possible.
- Support, grow and develop a school network for the purpose of delivering the material.
- Develop and support an on-line Beautiful Wave Makers Guide
- Awareness and education through fun and enjoyable material.
- Empowerment and inspiration through the realisation of the power of individual contribution and choice.
- Growing passion and creativity through challenges, both local and international.
- Encouraging responsibility and unity through cultural sharing and understanding that the ocean unites the planet and all people are equally dependent upon its health.
- Supporting our teachers, educators and schools.
- Offering teachers, educators and schools an international unity project.
If you haven’t yet signed the Beautiful Wave Maker declaration, please take this opportunity to do so, and to share this link with others. It is a great thing to have young family members sign and print out to have on their wall.
Donate if you can. Every drop helps. Every $1.00 or £1.00 makes a difference.create a wave